Shelf Life Tips
- How long does raw zucchini last? The precise answer to that question depends to a large extent on storage conditions - after purchasing, keep zucchini refrigerated at all times.
- To maximize the shelf life of raw zucchini, refrigerate in plastic bag and do not wash until ready to eat.
- How long does raw zucchini last in the fridge? Properly stored, raw zucchini will usually keep well for about 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Can you freeze zucchini? Yes, to freeze: (1) Wash and cut into 1/2 inch slices (zucchini may also be grated); (2) Blanch (plunge into boiling water) for three minutes (steam grated zucchini for 2 minutes) and chill quickly in ice cold water; (3) Drain off excess moisture, package in airtight containers or freezer bags and freeze immediately.
- How long does zucchini last in the freezer? Properly stored, zucchini will maintain best quality in the freezer for about 12 months, but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only - zucchini that has been kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.
- How to tell if zucchini is bad or spoiled? Zucchini that is spoiling will typically become soft and discolored; discard any zucchini that has an off smell or appearance.
About Our Authors
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here