- Discard any bruised or moldy berries before storing.
- Place berries loosely in a shallow container, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Do not wash until ready to eat, as excess moisture during storage will hasten decay.
- To freeze: (1) Wash berries carefully in cold water, pat dry and place in a single layer on cookie tray in freezer; (2) Once berries are frozen, transfer to airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags and return to freezer.
- Freezer time shown is for best quality only — foods kept constantly frozen at 0° F will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here