Storing Apple Pie: How Long Does Apple Pie Last , Baked or Unbaked?
Few things are more comforting or delicious than a freshly baked apple pie. Try making a few pies at once and putting aside the extras for later. It’s a great timesaver — apple pie freezes well, baked or unbaked.
How to Store Baked Apple Pie:
• You can keep baked apple pies at room temperature for up to two days. If the pie has been sliced, cover loosely with foil or plastic wrap.
• Apple pie will keep for an additional 2-3 days in the refrigerator, loosely covered with foil or plastic wrap.
• To freeze, wrap pie tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place in heavy-duty freezer bag. Use the pie within 3-4 months of freezing for best quality.
• Defrost the apple pie in the refrigerator and then re-heat in a 350˚ F oven until warm (about 30 minutes).
How to Store Unbaked Apple Pie:
• You can keep unbaked apple pies for up to two days in the refrigerator. Cover loosely with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
• To freeze, wrap unbaked pie tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place in a freezer bag and seal tightly.
• Keep unbaked apple pies for up to four months in the freezer for best quality.
• When you are ready to bake the pie, cut vent holes in the upper crust and set the pie on a cookie sheet. Bake without thawing at 450˚ F, 15-20 minutes. Then reduce heat to 375˚ F for 20-30 minutes or until the top crust is brown.
<< Back to Shelf Talk main page
How to Store Apples
Do You Have to Refrigerate Pumpkin Pie?
10 Surprising Foods You Can Freeze