- Store in dark cupboard away from direct heat or sunlight.
- Do not refrigerate champagne until 1-2 days before drinking.
- Most non-vintage champagnes are at their best quality within 3-4 years of production, although the unopened champagne will generally remain safe to drink after that time.
- If champagne develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, it should be discarded for quality purposes.
- Champagne is non-vintage if it has been made using grapes from two or more years' harvests; it will not be specifically dated by year on the label.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here