- How long does freshly ground coffee last? The precise answer depends to a large extent on storage conditions - store in cool, dry area and keep package tightly sealed at all times.
- To maximize the shelf life of freshly ground coffee, transfer the coffee to a canister that blocks out light and has an airtight seal.
- How long does freshly ground coffee last at room temperature? Properly stored, freshly ground coffee will generally stay at best quality for about 1 to 2 weeks at room temperature, assuming it has been properly stored.
- Should freshly ground coffee be stored in the fridge? No, you should not refrigerate freshly ground coffee, as the temperature fluctuations will affect the taste and flavor of the coffee.
- Should you freeze freshly ground coffee? Frozen ground coffee may lose some of its flavor, so freezing is recommended only for coffee that cannot be used up within two weeks of purchasing.
- Freeze freshly ground coffee in a covered airtight container.
- How long does freshly ground coffee last in the freezer? Properly stored, it will maintain best quality for about 1 month, but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only - freshly ground coffee that has been kept constantly frozen at 0℉ will keep safe indefinitely.
- How can you tell if freshly ground coffee is bad or spoiled? Ground coffee typically loses flavor over time and develops a stale taste - if coffee develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, it should be discarded for quality purposes; if mold appears, discard the ground coffee.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here