- Cool home-baked bread thoroughly before storing.
- Place bread in plastic storage bag or breadbox, or wrap in foil and store at room temperature.
- Refrigerator storage is not recommended, as bread will quickly dry out and become stale — for longer-term storage, freeze bread instead.
- To freeze, wrap tightly with aluminum foil or place in a heavy-duty freezer bag.
- Freezer time shown is for best quality only — foods kept constantly frozen at 0° F will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please