- Store in cool, dry area.
- Discard all juice from cans that are leaking, rusting, bulging or severely dented.
- Pantry storage time shown is for best quality only — after that, the juice's texture, color or flavor may change, but in most cases, it will still be safe to consume if it has remained unopened and been stored properly.
- “Best By,” “Best if Used By,” and “Use By” dates on commercially packaged foods sold in the United States represent the manufacturer's estimate of how long the product will remain at peak quality — in most cases, the unopened juice will still be safe to consume after that date, as long as it has been stored properly and the package is not damaged.
- Freeze in airtight glass or plastic container and leave at least 1/2 inch headspace at the top, as juice will expand when frozen.
- Freezer time shown is for best quality only — foods kept constantly frozen at 0° F will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here