Off-the-Shelf Recipes: Easy New Potatoes
These savory little potatoes are the perfect complement to your summer barbecue. They taste best simply prepared — with ingredients you’ve already got on hand.
EASY NEW POTATOES
· 1 pound small new potatoes (red or yellow skinned), scrubbed
· 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil OR unsalted butter
· 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· Salt to taste
· 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chives, or rosemary (optional)
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
2. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
3. Drain the potatoes and toss in the olive oil or butter, salt, pepper and herbs (if using).
4. Keep warm until serving.
Tip: For extra convenience, use herb butter in place of regular butter.
<< Back to Shelf Talk main page